Title of Position
Executive Director (ED: full time exempt position) for the Board of Directors of the Korean Community Senior Housing Corporation (KCHSC)
The Korean Community Senior Housing Corporation (IRS 501. C.3) is established in 1983 to serve Korean and other seniors and people with disability proving affordable housing that is subsidized by the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The KCHSC currently owns University Gardensand University Gardens II apartments with total of 92 residential units. The apartments are currently managed and administered by the National Caucus and Center on Black Aging, Inc. / Housing Management Corporation (NCBAHMC) under the contract with the Board of the KCHSC. The KCHSC is affiliated with the Korean Community Service Center (KCSC: IRS 501. C. 3) and the Center for Korean American and Heritage(CKAH: IRS 501. C.4).
Required Knowledgeand Abilities
- Knowledge and abilities in HUD housing programs (Section 202/ Section 8/ Tax Credit); operating housing regulations, compliances, and procedures; securing various obligated certifications; and updated various operation handbooks and guidelines in maintaining program compliance.
- Knowledge and abilities in preparing fiscal operation budgets and review of financial reports and audits.
- Knowledge and abilities of managing daily and long term physical operations of affordable housing.
- Knowledge and abilities in capital improvement initiatives in coordination with vendors, contractors, the Board, and staff.
- Knowledge and abilities in supervision and people service.
- Knowledge and abilities in inter-operational relations of non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge and abilities coordinating with federal, state, and local government on various matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage overall physical/ fiscal housing operations to satisfy the goals and objectives of the Board of Directors of the KCHSC.
- Supervise and manage housing staff, management agencies, and contractors/ vendors.
- Maintain updated provisions of Federal, State, and local government’s financing and development programs.
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain relationships with various finance/ development agencies and federal, state, local government officials and agencies.
- Join and become active member of local and national housing/ aging associations.
- Review, analyze, modify, and prepare pro forma analyses, sources, use of funds, cash flow, and feasibility studies.
- Analyze physical needs assessment reports, general scope of work, construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Manage and coordinate the outside development teams/ consultants of various tasks for projects.
- Engage regularly with community residents and assess needs of the community, and report to the Boardof Directors of the KCHSC.
- Update necessary policies regarding staff and resident with the Board.
- Update all issues and suggestions with the Board regarding on personnel, community residents, vendors, private agencies, government agencies, affiliated organizations, and other matters, individuals, and groups.
- Coordinate and provide assistance to the KCSC and the CKAH as directed by the president of the Board of Directors of the KCHSC.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President of the Board of Directors of the KCHSC.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree and above is preferred) in the field of humanities, finance, business management, social work, and other related fields.
- Experience: minimum of 5 years of experience with federal/ local/ private housing/ aging fields.
- Language preference: Possess of strong verbal and written communication skills in English (bilingual skill with Korean is strongly preferred)
A background check will be required.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
Cover letter, resume with 3 references, Send to:
ED Search Committee Chair,
University Garden Apartment
440 University Blvd E
Silver Spring, MD 20901
The KCHSC is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The KCHSC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of right secured by the First Amendment in all aspect of employment.